Monday, March 7, 2011

A Tri... and a Name????

Well yesterday I completed my first triathlon... although it was only a short (400m swim, 10 km ride, 5 km run) it was HARD! Lots of fun but mind blowingly hard! Getting in the pool and knowing that all around you people are swimming and trying to do their best... realizing that a 50 m pool is WAY different than a 25 m pool and just hoping to get through it. Then the confusion of getting changed, while wet, and running to your bike with legs that are jelly... finding your bike and getting on it without issues... doing the ride. Realizing you needed to practice more... finding a spot to put your bike, then looking for your backpack that another rider placed their bike on, and shedding some gear before the run. Your legs feel like LEAD for the first km... which you can't believe is only 1 km. by about 2 you are in a groove and realize that YES you are almost done! You make up some time lost during confusions and changes and come out feeling pretty darn good! I can't wait for the next one... April 16th. I am doing a Sprint so 700m swim, 20 km ride and a 5km run!
After all is said and done I have been told by a few people that I need to name my bike... He is black and white and grey... a road bike and I love him! Soooo anyone want to help with his name? suggestions?

2 comments:

Miksmom said...

You are amazing! Way to go!

I went with boys names because you referred to it as a boy already.
Arial - Strength/courage
Boaz - strength/swiftness
Valarian - to show vigor/strength
Emmett - All-containing / universal strength
Norm - Thor mind, Thor courage
Nolan/Noland - Chariot-fighter / Champion

mombot said...

I already told you this but you are so inspiring to me! I think a great name for the bike would be.... Batteries Not Included ;) Way to go Tara, you are so amazing!!!