Monday, December 3, 2007

HEARTBEAT!!!

Had my appointment with the doctor today... and yup we still have a heartbeat! What a cool thing to hear! She said it was 158 bpm which is really good and healthy!!! I asked why so high during my ultrasound but she said that the heart beats faster during early pregnancy! I am sooo excited I can't stop using these!!!!!!!!!! haha! Anyways when I got to the appointment she started by checking my blood pressure which is all good and then she said she would try to find the heartbeat. I swear my heart skipped a beat, she put that gross jelly on and turned on the Doppler and low and behold she barely put it to my skin and there was the sound of tiny little horses. It was so loud and strong and made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I looked over at K and he got this funny little grin on his face. Yup that's his kid!!! haha! To know that this pregnancy is going sooo well is just a true gift from God.
When I reminded her about the trip to Mexico she got a little hesitant, I told her that I have not had any spotting and I am feeling a lot better too. No headaches today yet!!! She wasn't as worried about that as the food and the drink. I told her that I would drink only bottled water with the odd Orange Juice thrown in of course (we are staying at a five star all inclusive) and that I don't plan on eating anywhere but the restaurants in the hotel. She just said to be careful... but when I told her that there are going to be three pregnant women down there in all different stages and that we would all watch out for each other she seemed to relax a little!
So as we stand there are 4 more sleeps till we leave for Edmonton and 5 more sleeps till we take off to Mexico!!!!! Man I am getting excited just in case nobody noticed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Strong heartbeat. I am so happy for you :) Sounds like Little Bean is doing wonderfully!

Mrs G said...

That is great - nothing beats hearing the heartbeat (other than the ultrasouind - and I guess when you meet your bubs!).

Enjoy the trip.