Sunday, May 11, 2008

An Update... yea I know it has been a while!

Ok so I thought it had been a while since I posted pics... for those of you that don't know I have been taken off of work by my doctor because of my feet and the risk of toxemia. My blood pressure for now is fine so I am not too worried... just bored haha! K and I went to our prenatal class on Saturday and although it scared the living daylights out of me it also put me at ease. So many things that K and I had discussed and talked about and decided on were things that the nurse said we should talk about. There was a whole mix of people there all shapes sizes and ages so it was nice to see that as well.
So went into the L and D twice these last two weeks, first time was because of my discomfort and the second time was due to some really bad cramps in my stomach. Both times the baby was doing AWESOME, and it was nice to see layout of the L and D ward. Since my dr was out of town I had to go into her fill in dr on Friday to get a prescription (gotta love bladder infections) and he had an ultrasound machine in his office!!!! So I got a quick peek at the babe. He also (K WARNING TMI FOR SOME PEOPLE) did an internal and found out that the baby was completely dropped (I believe his words were "oh there is the babies head!!") and that I was 2 to 3 cm dilated. So of course I got excited as this is part that I don't have to go through later... and I can be like this for a month before I go into labour. It just means the baby is pretty much ready and raring to go! Anyways so I called my mom and of course freaked her out... oops... sorry mom! And then got an email from dad saying to hold onto the baby until after they go on vacation... so sorry dad! haha! Of course he was joking and it was nice to get a laugh.
So K is going to Minnesota this week Mon-Fri... so gotta hold onto this little one until after he gets back, then we celebrate our one year wedding anniversary yipeee!!!! Can't believe all that has happened in a year!

Ok will update more later but below are some new pics.

This is me at 35 weeks 3 days!!!!



2 comments:

Milissa said...

Wow, I feel like such a lame friend. So much has happened in the last few weeks and my head has been too far burried in a book to even know about it. I had planned on calling tonight cuz I do have it marked on my calendar that K is away this week. Just wanted to make sure you have all my contact numbers just in case and to remind you to call ANY TIME if you need ANY THING.

Hugs.
M

Tracy said...

You are getting close...so exciting! I was 2 cm & 80% effaced for about 2 or 3 weeks before Kai was born but you are right...it is nice that your body is moving along and you don't have to go through that part in labor! Have people been making any bets on the sex of the baby? I think I am going to guess a boy...I've got a 50/50 chance:) Can't wait to hear more updates!