Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Best Day Ever!!!!

So as my title says... yesterday was the best day ever! It was amazing! At 1pm we walked into the imaging place and I was brought to the back to get started. My bladder wasn't that bad and I was comfortable the whole time. She took quite a while doing the testing and I could feel why... the bean was dancing around as she was trying to take pics.. just like mom and dad already! I found out that the reason for me always feeling movement so low is because he/she is currently sitting in breach position and kicking me in the bladder with his/her feet. CRAZY! We weren't able to get the 3D pics that we wanted due to some confusion at the front desk so black and whites it is... much to our dismay we really wanted those 3D pics they are soo amazing!
Finally after about 30 minutes K was brought in and we got to look at our bean together. We watched him/her pump the air with tiny fists, we counted the fingers and watched him/her swallow. That was amazing... to see your child swallowing, an every day activity as you sit and watch through a screen was unforgettable, we even saw the lips moving around as it swallowed. Of course me being the emotional person that I am right now I got some tears in my eyes but it was nice to see 2 arms 2 legs, a brain and all the other stuff a baby should have. I still cannot believe that I have that inside me right now. Even though I am reminded almost every minute that it is there! haha!
So after leaving that ultrasound place it was off to the vet for W our dog who has a severe ear infection and 180 bucks later and 3 prescriptions we were out of there and I could finally go home and get ready for the concert. What an awesome show, the night started with Emerson Drive (who are from the town that we live in and nominated for a Grammy for their song Moments!!!!) then it was Teri Clarke who was fantastic and finally Big & Rich!!!!! Before they came out Cowboy Troy did a couple of his songs which were sooo different and we loved them!!! All three bands put on an amazing show Big & Rich were of course way out there in their fur coats and crazy hats and Rich had his whole guitar lined in sparkly diamond type jewels! To top off the night right before they were done Big & Rich brought Emerson Drive back onto the stage for a couple more songs and to congratulate them on their Grammy nomination with a shot and a toast. It was truly a honor to be a part of that and amazing of them to do it for Emerson Drive in their home town! I have to say other than my Canucks Jersey this was the best Christmas Present ever!!!!
So below I have some pics of the ultrasound. We only got three as the babe was moving around a little bit! And he/she is sitting breach with his/her face to my back but still soooo amazing to see!!!!
The bean checking us out!
Little bum and legs curled under
Still just chillin!!! I can't believe that is our baby!!!! I love him/her already!





1 comment:

Mrs G said...

How wonderful!! So great to see.

I am finally finding free time in my day to do things like check blogs (even though am currently typing one handed because bubs is all clingy today and won't sleep without me holding him - the joys!).