Monday, January 7, 2008

More Heartbeats!!!!

Went and saw my Dr today... she is in a brand new office and still getting organised so it took a little longer there than normal... no biggie for me it meant I didn't have to be at my desk! When I finally got in and sat down for our chat beforehand she made me feel much more at ease with what happens in the labour and delivery room. As some of you know my mom had very hard births with both Landon and I and that lead to a C-section with Dallas and we weren't even large babies! I explained this to her and the whole forceps thing and she informed me that she does not use forceps anymore, that she would use vacuum suction IF it looked like it would help. And that if it didn't look like it would help she would send me right into C-section!!! Yipeee! Not that I want a c-section but it is good to know that my Dr isn't going to sit there and keep me in distress and stress me out. I had a good friend just give birth with my dr and she said that the dr was a calming presence in the delivery room and really helped her to stay focused which was nice to hear!
So the dr's appt went very well, I asked her about my headaches which haven't really seemed to go away and about sleeping both of which she said that there is not much I can do about but I thought I would let her know anyways. Then came my favourite part.... hearting the bean galloping away. It took her a second to find it as he/she kept moving but when she finally did we almost blew the speakers on the Doppler!! It was crazy loud and the look on my Dr's face was priceless. She told me we were at 158 bmp and that it was pretty loud! haha! SOOO nice to hear though especially since I haven't heard it since we left for Mexico!
The baby has been more active in this last week as well, I have gone from flutterings to little bumps to full on punches in my pelvic area. Thanks bean!! I guess he/she doesn't like it when I sit down or try to sleep. He/she still has not risen above my belly button but the Dr did tell me that all seems to be growing well and the 4 pounds that I have gained since the start of this are good!
Well report done!!! I have my ultrasound on the 15th so we will post pics then, we are getting the 3D ones so I am super excited about that! So unless I have other news before the 15th... I will write and post pics then!

1 comment:

jennie said...

YAY! Good to hear that Bean is doing well. Can't wait to see that 3d pic of the little thing! xoxox