Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Trying to Catch up

Alright so it has been quite a while since I have posted anything... and yes I feel a little guilty but the holidays were busy and spending time with my family (even though I was all over the place mood wise, I blame hormones) was more important that sitting down and blogging.
Well I guess I could start with the arrival of my parents... I was sooo excited to finally tell them the news, I was bursting but our dog W had to run away and so I sat inside our house with my winter jacket on to cover the bean waiting for K to come back. Once K was back in the house I starting calling my parents grama and grampa until they got it. Mom and Dad were so excited!!!!! They of course asked how far along I was and when I said 16 weeks they were shocked, my little bro D just sat in the corner giggling cause he knew all along. We told him in Tofino of course, and we let my parents know that I was 5 weeks preggers surfing and playing in the ocean in Tofino. Of course once that was out my mom decided that the next day we would do some maternity shopping and got some super cute clothes. I felt pretty lucky.
So all the family in my small house was really a lot of fun, they brought Bill with them (he lives with my parents) and Bill is an AMAZING cook. I didn't have to cook the whole time they were here it was the best Christmas present yet! My middle bro L and his wife L came up on Christmas day for a night and it was nice to have everyone together for Christmas as we didn't last year.
After Christmas came of course New Years and our neighbors had an 80's party... it was a blast although come midnight toasting with Pelligrino just wasn't the same. I did the makeup for the girls which was the highlight of the night for me and we had tons of fun! Our dog W left us a little new years gift as well... turns out K had taken him to work and given him some dog bones which made him sick and have the runs all over his kennel. Yup our whole house smelled like poop when we got home. YUCK!
Oh my cousin R got married on new years eve too which is pretty cool my parents were there and said it was beautiful which was to be expected!
So in baby news I am now 17 weeks and 2 days!!! How exciting is that. I can really feel movement whenever I sit still and as I am typing this I am getting booted left right and centre! I have my next dr's appt on Monday so I look forward to hearing the heart beat again and my next ultrasound is on the 15th so more pics of the bean to come! We are getting the 3D one as well so I am super excited!!!!
Well it is back to work... yuck I just don't feel like it today and back to getting up early, even worse since I am NOT sleeping at all at night. I just can't get comfortable. Ahh well I guess it is preparing me for the all nighters to come!

No comments: