Thursday, April 3, 2008

Love

Since I can remember my family has always been one of complete love, yes we had hiccups, barriers and high rivers to cross but I ALWAYS new that I was loved unconditionally. These last couple of weeks have been a little on the hard side. I have realized how much I leaned on my parents and now lean on K. I understand (before my friends comment otherwise) that I am a very strong person, but some things require help. (Like getting out of my couch :-) Anyways back to the topic at hand, if there is one thing that I take from my parents it is the ability to love, and to love openly, to not hide it or push it to the side. But to wear the love for my husband and children where everyone can see it and to never be ashamed of it.
I have realized over these last couple of weeks how all of this baby prep is slightly overwhelming when you don't have family around you. I call my parents sometimes daily, and usually about nothing but I enjoy keeping that link. While out with my friend L and K to shop for baby gear it really felt like someone was missing, my mom. I wished that she could have been there, to help and to push my buttons.. which is what usually happens when her and K are around haha! I always figured I would be doing some of these things with her but living 12 hours or 2 flights away really puts a damper on that. I do however look forward to her visit in June when I come home with the bean from the hospital.

No comments: