Tuesday, March 4, 2008

73 Days till mat leave!!!

Yea so I am excited... excited to start fixing up the nursery, excited to start being a mommy and excited just in life right now. I am also excited that Starbucks made a new frap flavour... mmmm honey Frap... yum! The countdown is on 97 days till my due date, 73 days till my maternity leave and 17 days until we get to go to Edmonton to do some baby shopping! yipeee! Yes my life revolves around how many sleeps until the next big event... what can I say I was born a dork! haha!
Yesterdays doc appointment went really well, heartbeat is still at 148 bpm, the baby is growing nicely and my uterus measured 28 cm I think. I have to start going every two weeks now so that is going to be nice... every two weeks I get to hear my baby's little heartbeat and ask questions about things and figure how I am going to do this whole birthing thing. I am sooo nervous. I spoke with a friend last night who has gone through both a regular birth and an emerg c-section. To look at her and see that she pulled through and she has two wonderful (although quirky) boys makes me feel better about it. I know I can get through anything and that I have been blessed lately with some wonderful friends up here in Grande Prairie. Two girls that I know I can count on and who are sooo extremely opposite that you always get all perspectives when you talk with them. Come to think of it I think that all three of us are totally completely different personalities from each other, we all seem to have different outlooks on life and I think that is what makes it interesting being friends. I honestly don't know what I did in this town for the 2 and a half years that I didn't know these ladies! So thanks!!!!
Swimming.... yup started swimming, one of my aunts told me to do it as did my uncle who is a doctor. I was having problems doing any other sort of exercise and it was awesome last Sat to feel weightless and be able to "work out" for almost an hour! So I think that this will be a weekly if not twice a week thing.
Other than that no big news... got a horrible leg cramp last night when I was sleeping... luckily kyle was home or I would have woken him up with my terrible scream. I swear it went on FOREVER!! ahh well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I did without you guys, either!!
I am glad that my experience is helping you mellow about things.
You know I am always here! Even if all you need is to pinch my quirky boys bums!!!!