Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Booked and Ready...

Ok so we have already decided that I am not one for patience.... and now I have to wait a whole 11 more sleeps until I get my ultrasound. Alright so it isn't like the first time when they wanted to wait until 19 weeks or whatever but it still seems soooo far away! Oh and K won't be in town that weekend either so I am going either by myself or with my amazing neighbor... you know who you are!
The appointment itself went fairly well, K was there which was nice... although at first my Dr. didn't want to do the prenatal sheet once I told her my symptoms and she felt my belly she decided to try for a heartbeat... no go there yet... and she started filling out the sheet! So I guess I sold her on the idea that I have the start of a healthy pregnancy going on inside me.
Of course she sent me for bloodwork where they totally drained me and I felt like a raisin and had to pee in a cup... you know I hate peeing in cups! Why can't they make it a funnel instead for us women it would be sooo much easier!
Other than that my day has been uneventful, actually work was and is quite boring and I am counting down the minutes till I can go home and see K. Which will only be for a few minutes then I am off to a Candle party, where I have been banned from buying any candles due to the closetful we already have oops! lol!
I think thats is for now... although more to come of course! Man 11 sleeps.... how will I survive! At least my dr's appt to find out my results is only 4 sleeps after that.

2 comments:

Mrs G said...

Hi, just found your blog, congrats and best wishes for the pregnancy.

Doesn't it just seem like through the whole pregnancy you are waiting on the next milestone? As you say thouhg, the eye is always on the 40 weeks 'prize'!

Milissa said...

I hate the waiting game too. Each month I wait till I get signs of ovulation, and then I wait to see if "it" worked. I suddenly came to the realization that I was basically willing my days away, hoping they would pass sooner. Although much easier said than done, I have really tried to focus on the blessing of each day rather than wishing it would pass sooner. One day we will be wishing we could have these days back!! In the meantime we need to keep ourselves occupied with meaningful and fulfilling tasks such as carving pumpkins and watching educational programs (ANTM - "You Wanna Be On Top??")