Friday, October 19, 2007

It was Positive.

Well after a horrible summer that ended in a miscarriage at 12 weeks my husband and I have just found out we are pregnant again! About 3 weeks ago I was feeling a little strange and decided to take a test... well low and behold that digital test said PREGNANT!! Ok so maybe without the exclamation marks but I was pretty excited, and yet at the same time incredibly unsure. My husbands first words were not that he was excited or congrats to us.. it was "well that explains your mood swings". Ahhh always the supportive one.
Stuff that has been going on in the last 3 weeks since we found out. Hmm we decided not to tell anyone until we go away on vacation for a wedding in December with our friends. They will be sworn to secrecy as we are not telling family until Christmas time when they come to Alberta to visit. Christmas just seems like a long time to wait, but after the miscarriage in the summer we want to keep this to ourselves until we are past the safety zone.
I have been a little concerned this week as I had some cramping and brown discharge, gross I know. I found that the cramping was worse if I walked the dog in the morning so for now those have stopped he will have to deal with chasing a ball in the park before I go to work. It hasn't been that much discharge and the cramps I can deal with I was told that they could be growing pains.. when your uterus grows which would be about right for timing. I talked to a friend who is due in December and she informed me that this happened to her in the same spot and for a couple weeks, I can deal with that.
I am really looking forward to my first Dr's appt next week, my Dr is amazing and when I went to see her after my m/c she informed me that next time around we would got for an early ultrasound so I am really going to push for that one. Although she did say to wait until I had at least one cycle before I was to try to get pregnant again... oops that one didn't happen.
I figured my body would get pregnant again when it was healed, being a person of Faith I have prayed everyday for a healed and healthy body. For God to comfort my little baby in heaven and to lay a hand on my belly and keep safe my little bean as he grows. I know that this time I will approach my pregnancy different and give it to God and ask for his help on a daily basis. Now all I have to do is pray... follow the dr's orders and wait until June!

No comments: