Wednesday, October 31, 2007

3 More Sleeps...

Ok so this ultrasound is all that is occupying my mind. I have been SUPER moody at work to the point where my boss has decided that staying away from the office would be his best defense. I have driven my boss away... I mean come on who does that. But in all honesty his little noises are driving me nuts... he smacks his gum with his mouth open, (he is doing it right now and I just want to smack him), he bites his nails, he clears his throat and makes gross noises doing it, he quietly burps every once in a while and excuses himself in shock, he picks his ears with his letter opener which I will NEVER touch. Now the biting nails I am allowed to yell at him for, but everything else I have to keep my mouth shut. But to cap it all off... my boss is 76 years old. Now I know I say this and you picture this gross guy but he is quite nice and decent... he smells nice (not like old man) and he is a hard worker. He is semi-retired and about to head down south for a couple of weeks and man am I glad to have him gone for a bit.
Now because of all of that I am totally unmotivated to work and just want to throttle my boss, the thing is ... when I wasn't preggers none of this stuff bothered me. Just the nail chewing b/c I can hear him bite his nails off... Ok enough of that I am sure that all of the rest of you are currently gagging as you read this and will never return to my blog but the gum chewing is the worst... I can't even go into more details I am at wits end. Mind you we share a medium sized office so when he is in we are in the same room and I can't really excuse myself.
Onto different things... Halloween... yipeee... midweek and only 3 more sleeps till we go to the ultrasound. I am yurning for the heartbeat.... It seems to consume my thoughts... I guess because it is finally getting close, kinda like D day haha. It is where we learn the fate of me and where we see how my little bean is doing.
I dropped K off at the airport this morning.. sniff.. sniff... I hate it when he is gone although out lab W is a pretty good spooner so I can at least stay warm in bed! lol! And the cats J and T usually sleep on my feet so it should be ok. Plus my amazing neighbor has said that if I am lonely I can visit them... I love that. (yes she reads this and yes I am sucking up to her so she doesn't get sick of me).
So anyways no other real news to report although ... this just in.... I am currently growing a volcano on my forehead. luckily I have long sweeping bangs that are covering it. Oh and I cried during a CIBC commercial the other day. Man I love hormones.

3 comments:

Mrs G said...

Oh, you are bringing back memories for me - it seems like not so long ago that my mind was pre occupied with seeing that heatbeat on the first scan, now I am waiting on the first pangs of labour.

Hopefully it will all go so well for you.

Anns said...

Men... they're merely one step away from the apes aren't they?

Funnily I had a fight with "Dad" last night about a similar nail-biting scenario that in retrospect I think he's always done so it must be the hormones that are making it so much more unbearable now.

So who's cleaning the cat poo while K's gone? Your neighbor seems nice but is she "NICE?"

Heehee...
Looking forward to your scan!

Outnumbered said...

Haha the neighbor is nice but I am cleaning it... I only have to do it once and I wear gloves... tie a towel around my face and scrub myself till I am red afterwards! Can't be too careful! Man I can't wait to post pics of the scan... I hope all goes well with it! 2 more sleeps!